HDPE Geomembrane (High-Density Polyethylene)
HDPE geomembrane liners are the preferred product for lining projects. HDPE liners are resistant to many different solvents and are the most widely used geomembrane liner in the world. Although HDPE geomembrane is less flexible than LLDPE, it provides higher specific strength and can withstand higher temperatures. Its exceptional chemical and ultraviolet resistance properties make it an extremely cost-effective product.
Benefits of HDPE Geomembrane:
- The most chemically resistant member of the polyethylene family due to its dense configuration.
- Field welded with hot wedge welders and extrusion welders. These factory quality welds are virtually stronger than the sheet itself.
- The best QC-QA testing capabilities in the market place.
- No need to cover the liner because it is UV stable = cost effective.
- Available in roll stock and come in varying thicknesses ranging from 20 to 120 mil depending on your requirements.
- Irrigation ponds, canals, ditches & water reservoirs
- Mining heap leach & slag tailing ponds
- Golf course & decorative ponds
- Landfill cells, covers, & caps
- Wastewater lagoons
- Secondary containment cells/systems
- Liquid containment
- Environmental containment
- Soil Remediation
- HDPE is a very technical product to work with. It must be installed by certified welding technicians using specialized welding equipment to ensure performance.
- Installations are temperature and poor weather sensitive.
- 40 mil HDPE liner requires extra effort to ensure that the subgrade is in excellent condition. It is suitable as an upgrade from products like the 20 mil RPE for larger installations, and is an excellent secondary containment liner on multi-layer systems (for example: subgrade, geotextile layer, 40 mil HDPE layer, drainage net layer, 60 mil HDPE layer, geotextile layer, fill.)
- 60 mil HDPE liner is the staple of the industry and is suitable for most applications.
- 80 mil HDPE liner is a thicker design for more aggressive subgrades.
Please click below to view a specification sheet or contact us for technical assistance.