Erosion Control Blankets (ECBs)
Erosion Control Blankets (ECBs) are used to protect soil structures from the damaging effects of rainfall, run-off, wind, and wave action. They are manufactured from various degradable fibers such as straw and coconut, and are mechanically stitch-bonded to a polypropylene or biodegradable netting structure. ECBs offer more dimensionally stable protection to better hold seeds and soil in place and encourage rapid growth. Titan supplies a variety of ECBs for short-term, extended-term, and long-term erosion control.
- Available in 100% biodegradable materials.
- They increase water infiltration into the soil.
- They increase the retention of soil moisture to promote seed germination.
- Available in both Straw and Coconut Fibers.
- Supplied in easy to install rolls.
- Available in 8′ and 16′ widths with lengths up to 560′.
- Low, Moderate, & Steep Slopes
- Bank & Channel Protection
- Agricultural Applications
- Environmental Applications
Straw ECBs are designed for use on mild slope and channel applications requiring erosion control for up to 12 months depending on moisture, light, and environmental conditions.
Titan supplies the following products for short-term application
Straw/Coconut ECBs are extended-term products designed for use on extreme slope and channel applications requiring erosion control for up to 36 months depending on moisture, light, and environmental conditions.
Titan supplies the following double sided products for extended-term applications.
For more information, please contact one of our sales representatives.