ARMORMAX® Engineered Earth Armoring Solution is the most advanced flexible armoring technology available for severe erosion and surficial slope stability challenges. The ARMORMAX® system can be used in erosion control applications where additional factors of safety are required, including protecting earthen levees from storm surge and wave overtopping, and stream, river and canal banks from scour and erosion. In addition, this system is ideally suited to protect storm water channels in arid and semi-arid environments where vegetation densities of less than 30% coverage are anticipated. For slope stability applications, the system can be further engineered to provide surficial slope stabilization to resist shallow plane failures. Consisting of our PYRAMAT® woven three-dimensional High Performance Turf Reinforcement Mat (HPTRM) with X3® fiber technology and Engineered Earth Anchors (EEAs), you can count on the ARMORMAX® system to hold its ground.
- Durable Armoring System:
Lightweight protection layer securely anchored to the subgrade for long-term design life.
- PYRAMAT® HPTRM with High Strength Woven Surface:
Withstands extreme hydraulic stresses and resists non-hydraulic damage.
- Anchor Tie-Down Mechanism:
Secures the HPTRM firmly to the ground for additional safety.
- Provides up to 75 years of design life.
- Supports the EPA Green Infrastructure initiative.
- Recognized as a stormwater Best Management Practice (BMP) and is proven to reduce erosion and reinforce vegetation for low-impact, sustainable design.
- Easy to handle, lightweight components for rapid installation.
- Use of lightweight equipment and unskilled labor facilitates installation with limited site access.
- Aesthetically pleasing and more cost effective than conventional methods such as rock riprap and concrete paving
- Arid/semi-arid stormwater channels
- Stream and river banks
Click below to view our information sheet and specifications.