Concrete Canvas® (CC)
Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats
CONCRETE ON A ROLL!
Titan is proud to partner with Concrete Canvas Ltd, an innovative manufacturer of a revolutionary new class of erosion control product called Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats (GCCMs), to offer and install Concrete Canvas® (CC) in Canada. Click here for official news release.
Concrete Canvas® is a flexible, concrete filled geosynthetic, that hardens on hydration to form a thin, durable, water proof and fire-resistant concrete layer. Essentially, it’s concrete on a roll and allows concrete construction without the need for plant or mixing equipment: just add water.
It comes in 3 thicknesses: CC5TM, CC8TM and CC13TM, which are 5, 8 and 13mm thick respectively. It is also available in three formats, man portable Batched Rolls, Bulk Rolls and Wide Rolls.
- Water Proof – The PVC backing
on one surface of the CC ensures that the material has excellent impermeability.
- Strong – CC has a 24-hour compressive strength of 50MPa. The fibre reinforcement prevents cracking, absorbs energy from impacts and provides a stable failure mode.
- Durable – CC is twice as abrasion resistant as standard OPC concrete, has excellent chemical resistance, good weathering performance and will not degrade in UV.
- Flexible – CC has good drape characteristics and will closely follow the ground profile and fit around existing infrastructure. Unset CC can be cut or tailored using basic hand tools.
- Rapid Install – CC can be laid at a rate of 200m2/hour, up to 10 times faster than conventional concrete solutions.
- Easy to Use – CC is available in man portable batch rolls for applications with limited access. The concrete is pre-mixed so there is no need for mixing, measuring or compacting.
- Lower Project Costs – quick and easy to install, Concrete Canvas® is more cost-effective than conventional concrete, with less logistical complexity.
- Eco-friendly – CC is a low mass, low carbon technology which uses up to 95% less material than conventional concrete for many applications.
Concrete Canvas® is used across a range of sectors including mining, oil & gas, agriculture and civil construction for a variety of applications, including;
- Channel Lining
- Slope Protection
- Bund Lining
- Concrete Remediation
- Weed Suppression
- Culvert Lining
Click here to learn about CC Hydro™, Concrete Canvas’® sister product, designed for containment applications!