Concrete Canvas® (CC)
Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats
CONCRETE ON A ROLL!
Titan is proud to partner with Concrete Canvas® Ltd to offer Concrete Canvas®–Concrete on a Roll! This revolutionary product is part of a new class of construction material known as a Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mat (GCCM) Click here for the official news release on Titan becoming the exclusive GCCM suppliers of Concrete Canvas®.
A GCCM is a factory assembled geosynthetic composite consisting of a cementitious layer contained within one or multiple layers of geosynthetic materials. The cementitious portion of the GCCM becomes hardened when properly hydrated to be used for erosion control and weed suppression.
Concrete Canvas® is a flexible, concrete filled geosynthetic that hardens on hydration to form a thin, durable, waterproof and low-carbon concrete layer. Essentially, it’s concrete on a roll and allows concrete construction without the need for plant or mixing equipment: just add water.
Concrete Canvas® is typically used to replace conventional concrete (in-situ, precast or sprayed) for erosion control, remediation and construction applications. As a GCCM supplier, we offer Concrete Canvas® in 3 thicknesses: CC5TM, CC8TM and CC13TM, which are 5, 8 and 13mm thick respectively. It is also available in three formats, man portable Batched Rolls, Bulk Rolls and Wide Rolls; which is why it is coined Concrete on a Roll. Use the information below to determine which format specification and thickness to use for your application.
- Water Proof – The PVC backing
on one surface of the CC ensures that the material has excellent impermeability.
- Strong – CC has a 24-hour compressive strength of 50MPa. The fibre reinforcement prevents cracking, absorbs energy from impacts and provides a stable failure mode.
- Durable – CC is twice as abrasion resistant as standard OPC concrete, has excellent chemical resistance, good weathering performance and will not degrade in UV.
- Flexible – CC has good drape characteristics and will closely follow the ground profile and fit around existing infrastructure. Unset CC can be cut or tailored using basic hand tools.
- Fire & Chemical Resistant – CC has excellent high temperature performance and has been tested for reaction to fire. It is also more resistant to aggressive compounds than standard OPC concrete.
- Rapid Install – CC can be laid at a rate of 200m2/hour, up to 10 times faster than conventional concrete solutions.
- Easy to Use – CC is available in man portable batch rolls for applications with limited access. The concrete is pre-mixed so there is no need for mixing, measuring or compacting.
- Lower Project Costs – quick and easy to install, Concrete Canvas® is more cost-effective than conventional concrete, with less logistical complexity.
- Eco-friendly – CC is a low mass, low carbon technology which uses up to 95% less material than conventional concrete for many applications.
- Durability – CC offers up to 120 years of performance life. Click here for durability certificate.
Concrete Canvas® is used across a range of sectors including mining, oil & gas, agriculture and civil construction for a variety of applications, including;