Titan Uniaxial Geogrid (TE-UXPET and TE-UXHD)
Titan’s TE-UXPET and TE-UXHD uniaxial geogrids are specifically designed for soil reinforcement in applications such as retaining walls and steep slopes where soil strength develops uni-axially. Placed between soil layers these geogrids work to reinforce the soil and improve structural stability. They can be used alone or in combination with a range of facing elements such as segmental blocks; precast concrete panels; green facing or wraparound galvanized steel facing to effectively maximize soil performance and prevent early structural deterioration. Aside from new construction these uniaxial geogrids are highly recommended for slope remediation projects and/or landslide repairs. This involves excavating, reusing the failed soil, and layering it with geogrid to provide the necessary reinforcement.
TE-UXPET uniaxial geogrids are manufactured with high molecular weight > 30,000, high tenacity polyester yarns using a precision knitting process. And a black PVC saturation coating provides further chemical, mechanical, as well as ultraviolet protection. TE-UXHD uniaxial geogrids are manufactured with virgin HDPE ( high density polyethylene) using a unique punching and drawing process which forms a monolithic geogrid with integral nodes. Both are engineered to be mechanically and chemically stable in both harsh construction installation phases and in aggressive soil environments. They are biologically unaffected by soil micro-organisms and formulated to resist ultra violet degradation.
Benefits of Uniaxial Geogrids:
- Can be used with a wide range of facing options (Concrete blocks, concrete panels, treated timber in various textures and colors)
- Provides up to 60% in material and time savings compared to conventional reinforced concrete and gravity structures.
- High resistance to dynamic shock loading and seismic activity.
- Allows the use of on-site fill.
- Fast, easy and economical construction.
- Withstand differential settlement.
- High connection capacity strength between facing and the grid.
- Aesthetically appealing structure.
- Reduces traffic disruption and lane closure.
- Retaining wall systems
- Bridge abutments
- Vegetated retaining walls
- Steep reinforced slopes
- Embankments on soft subgrades
- Landfill liner reinforcement
- Mining applications
Click below to view a specification sheet or contact us for technical assistance.