Geosynthetic Clay Liners (GCL)
Geosynthetic Clay Liners (GCL) are high performance geocomposites that are used as an alternative to conventional compacted clay liners. GCLs consist of two layers of geotextile stitched together enclosing a layer of processed sodium bentonite. Bentonite is a natural sealant, and when in contact with water, swells to form a low permeability clay liner. GCLs have a long lasting resistance to physical and chemical break-down in harsh environments such as landfills and other containment systems.
- Unique self-sealing attributes that reduces the risk of punctures and leakage.
- Excellent shear resistance properties due to needlepoint reinforcement.
- Reduced leakage by a factor of 30 over compacted clay.
- Better hydraulic performance.
- Ease of installation. & Increased air space.
- Cost effective: one truckload of GCL replaces 200 truckloads of clay.
- Irrigation ponds, canals, reservoirs, & ditches
- Landfills & dams
- Aquaculture & horticulture
- Liners & covers
- Landfill liners, covers, & caps
- Liquid containment
- Secondary containment
- Wastewater lagoons
- Mining-heap leach & slag tailings
- Golf courses & decorative ponds
- Solid waste containment
- Water & wastewater treatment & containment
- Industrial applications
- Environmental containment
Available in panels and rolls up to 2,250 square feet.
Please contact a Titan Sales Representative for more information: 1-866-327-1957.