HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) “60 mil”
The preferred product for lining projects, High-density polyethylene (HDPE) geomembrane, is resistant to many different solvents and is the most widely used in the world.
- The most chemically resistant member of the polyethylene family due to its dense configuration.
- Field welded with hot wedge welders and extrusion welders. These factory quality welds are virtually stronger than the sheet itself.
- The best QC-QA testing capabilities in the market place.
- No need to cover the liner because it is UV stable = cost effective.
- Available in roll stock and come in varying thicknesses ranging from 20 to 120 mil depending on your requirements.
- Irrigation Ponds, Canals, Reservoirs, & Ditches
- Landfills & Canals
- Agricultural Applications
- Municipal Applications
- Aquaculture & Horticulture
- Liners & Covers
- Landfill Liners, Covers, & Caps
- Liquid Containment
- Secondary Containment
- Wastewater Lagoon Liners
- Animal Waste Containment
- Mining-Heap Leach & Slag Tailings
- Liners for Golf Courses & Decorative Ponds
- Potable Water Reservoirs
- Tank Linings
- Brine & Processed Water Applications
- Water & Wastewater Treatment & Containment
- Industrial Applications
- Environmental Containment
- Soil Remediation
- A very technical product to work with, HDPE installation requires specialized welding equipment and must be installed by certified welding technicians to ensure performance.
- Installations are temperature and poor weather sensitive.
- ”40 mil” requires extra effort to ensure that the sub grade is in excellent condition.
- Simple Laymans Terms
- “60 mil” is the staple of the industry. It is the go to standard poly specked on 80% of all liners. This thickness is suitable for most applications.
- “80 mil” is a thicker design for more aggressive sub-grades. “ The Cadillac” of poly.
- “40 mil” is a slightly thinner design for customers who do not need the thickness that 60 mil offers. It is also suitable as an upgrade from products like the 20 mil RPE for larger installations. “40 mil” is also an excellent secondary containment liner on multi layer systems.
Example: Subgrade – Geotextile – 40 mil – Dranage Net – 60 mil – Geotextile – Fill
HDPE is less flexible than LLDPE but gives a higher specific strength. It can also withstand higher temperatures and has exceptional chemical and ultraviolet resistance properties, which makes it an extremely cost-effective product.
Please click below to view a Specification Sheet or contact one of Titan’s technical sales representatives for technical assistance.