Titan Uni-axial Geogrids (TE-UXPET and TE-UXHD)
Titan’s uni-axial family of geogrids is specifically designed for improved performance in soil reinforcement applications where strength develops uni-axially. TE-UX PET series geogrids are manufactured with high molecular weight > 30,000, high tenacity polyester yarns by precision knitting process. A black PVC saturation coating provides further chemical, mechanical, as well as ultraviolet protection.
TE-UXHD series geogrids are manufactured out of virgin HDPE ( high density polyethylene) by using a state of the art punching and drawing process which forms a monolithic geogrid with integral nodes.
Titan’s entire uni-axial geogrid range is engineered to be mechanically and chemically stable in both harsh construction installation phases and in aggressive soil environments. They are biologically unaffected by soil micro –organisms and formulated to resist ultra violet degradation.
These uni-axial geogrids are either used alone or in combination with a wide available range of other facing elements such as segmental blocks, precast concrete panels, green facing, wraparound galvanized steel facing etc. in order to construct a variety of Retaining Wall and Steep slope Systems. This solution can also be successfully used for slope remediation and/or landslide repairs. Failures of natural or manmade slopes can be easily repaired by excavating and re-using the failed soil by reinforcing with layers of Titan’s family of TE-UX geogrids.
- Wide range of facing options (Concrete blocks, concrete panels, treated timber in various textures and colors)
- Overall savings up to 60% on material and time when compared to conventional reinforced concrete and gravity structures.
- High resistance to dynamic shock loading and seismic activity
- Allows the use of on-site- available fill
- Fast, easy and economical construction
- Withstands differential settlement
- High connection capacity strength between facing and the grid
- Aesthetically appealing structure
- Reduction of traffic disruption and lane closure
- Retaining wall systems
- Bridge abutments
- Vegetated retaining walls
- Steep reinforced slopes
- Embankments on soft subgrades
- Landfill liner reinforcement
- Mining applications
Please click below to view a Specification Sheet or contact one of Titan’s technical sales representatives for technical assistance.