Titan Bi-axial (TE-BXPP) Geogrids
Titan bi-axial family of geogrids is manufactured out of virgin PP – Polypropylene by a unique state of art punching and drawing process. The geogrid formed is a monolithic geogrid featuring thick integral nodes and uniform square/rectangular apertures. The ribs are thicker and wider and possess a high degree of molecular orientation, which continues at least in part through the mass of the integral node.
These bi-axial geogrids are used to increase the bearing capacity and stabilization of low load bearing soils. When the granular material is compacted over these grids, it partially penetrates and projects through the apertures creating an interlocking action between the particles and the grid. This positive mechanical interlock enables the grid to resist horizontal shear from the fill and thereby mobilize the maximum bearing capacity of the soft subsoil.
Geogrid Reinforced Embankment On Soft Soil
Titan’s geogrids are engineered to be mechanically and chemically stable in aggressive soil environments and are not attacked by aqueous solutions of salts, acids, or alkalis. They are also not susceptible to hydrolysis, environmental stress cracking or micro-organisms attack. Our geogrids contain a minimum of 2% finely divided carbon black and are formulated to resist ultraviolet light degradation.
- Cost savings with major performance benefits
- Considerable savings in granular thickness without compromising performance
- Control of differential settlement and rutting
- Great Improvement of Traffic Benefit and Layer Coefficient ratios
- Prevention of upward movement of the subgrade fines by pumping
- Achieving longer pavement life cycle
- Reduction of excavated soil along with conservation of natural aggregates
- Avoids the requirement of pile caps, vibro concrete columns, concrete rafts, stone piles etc., otherwise needed for the conventional alternatives in foundation support applications
- Minimize undercutting and backfilling
- Increase the effective bearing capacity beneath shallow spread footings.
- Soil stabilization
- Sub-base reinforcement
- Foundation support
- Heavy duty pavements
- Railway ballast reinforcement over soft foundations
- Access roads to oil platforms
- Other highway challenges
Please click below to view a Specification Sheet or contact one of Titan’s technical sales representatives for technical assistance.